Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I have this rule, you see.

This rule is that 10% of people in any given population of people are complete assholes. The lowest 1% don’t even rate that good. Now, I don’t mean they are spiteful, just that they are completely incapable of performing any task. This rule does not discriminate by education, occupation, or IQ. This is why you should always get a second opinion when a doctor recommends some procedure involving slicing things open.

Likewise, 10% of any population run house. The top tier 1% make sure things progress, rather than devolve. Society would crumble without these individuals. They are the counterbalance to numb-nuts. The Churchill to another’s Chaberlain. The Lincoln to another’s Buchanan.

And hey, I’m open to the possibility that in some populations, depending on the task, I might be part of the 10% asshole population. But I try to avoid situations that might place me in such a predicament.

Unlike some people, who work in a certain banking institution that I also work in. This institution shall remain nameless, lest our customers read this and start a run on the bank.

If you were applying for a job at a bank, certain skills would be beneficial correct? I speak primarily of the ability to manipulate numbers. Nothing serious either! Things like division, multiplication, the ability to comprehend an algebraic formula, and plug in the appropriate values, which the computer kindly tells you, for instance. (But that's another issue entirely). You would think this would be fundamental to employment. But that brings us back to the 10% rule.

My employment in this institution has turned what was once a theory, into an absolute, Gods honest proof. 10%, right on the head. Of course, it goes without saying, that in my organization, I’m part of the top 10% that handles business, for were I not, I wouldn’t be able to perceive this universal constant.

It’s not even necessary to post a very severe anecdote which occurred today. The interesting thing is that we have about 16 branches, one severe problem branch, and one somewhat dubious branch. Of 180ish employees, give or take, there are about 18 numb-nuts. Note the ratio.

The point to this rant? Check your statements. And when you go to a doctor, and he tells you you need a severe surgery to cure your case of the shizzlebangs, get a second opinion. Or ask him to tell you what the shinbone is connected to. You can never be too sure.

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy said...

teeheehehehehehe

Somebody's having fun discovering links. I love it!

"Why didn't anybody tell me my ass was so big?"

 
At 1/18/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Sycdata said...

Hey, I'll have you know, I was linking to things before it was cool, before hypertext even existed. How you ask? Powerful Majicks. Yeah, Magic with a j and a k.

 
At 1/19/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm related to Buchanan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home