Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I laugh about nothing for hours

I’m a difficult person to make laugh. Yes, I will chuckle at your jokes, but no, I do not find them funny. I merely chortle to ease the awkward moment which would otherwise prosper. (I kid) But there are things which make me laugh, regardless of execution.

Asking, and then answering your own rhetorical question.

“Isn’t that always the way? No. No it is not.”
Bonus points for lengthening the answer.
“No. No it is not, in fact, I would suggest that the majority of the time, it is not that way.”

Creating fake words, intentionally mispronouncing words, colorful use of the English language.

This goes back to high school, with some of my best friends. We had a bundle of words which had unorthodox pronunciations. Also, we were potheads, so that figured in.

“See here Sirrrrrr, just past the double (doob-lay) chambered (chom-breyed) bong to the left hand side (syeede). Do not tell me that this budre (bood-ray) is cached, for I know that it lives on, if only in memory.”

I swear, if you get me in a room with Mo, Wayne, Dan, Jim and Terry, you will not understand a damned word we are saying. But you will be able to tell that we think it is hilarious, especially if there is a bong handy.

Singing Loudly, and poorly

This is generally something I reserve for myself. I don’t go walking around singing ineptly in public. But when I get home from work, if there is a song stuck in my head, (and there always is) regardless of what it is, I will bust that thing out with feeling, and poor pitch control. Something about singing “My kind of town”, in a Frank Sinatra cadence, terribly off key just puts a smile on my face. And believe me, I can sing. Sometimes, I just like to see how the other half lives.

1 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 7:36 AM, Blogger HighMaintenanceHussy said...

Your group of friends sounds just like mine. We made a habit out of things like inserting the word "chode" in every conversation, and finding it mind-numbingly funny.

Another thing I find hilarious? Sudden, loud noises. Love it. Can't stop laughing when it happens. Especially if somebody is telling me to stop and getting surly about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home